ASSISTANT COMPLIANCE OFFICER (Indian -Male)
AML and compliance
Assistant Compliance officer -Indian -Male
Role and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring day to day transaction of the branch for any unusual, structured, suspicious and blacklisted ones.
- Implementation and execution of the Regulations issued by Central Bank of the UAE and our Anti- Money Laundering and Combating Terrorist Financing Policy and Procedures.
- Performing more extensive, due diligence for high risk amounts, countries, customers and include proactive monitoring for suspicious activities.
- Educating the staff in the branches regarding Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Terrorist Financing and “Know Your Customer” procedures.
- Receive internal Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR) from the branches, then investigate and report to the Compliance Manager.
- Respond promptly to any reasonable request for information made by the Enforcement Unit or regulatory authority.
- Monitor that Branch Compliance Officers take reasonable steps to ensure compliance with the AML & CFT Policy and Procedures.
- Conduct Enhanced Due Diligence on the customers and end to end investigations of account activity based on the referrals from various Banks Financial Institutions, Money product agencies, Central Bank, Marketing Intelligence etc.
- Maintaining strict follow up with the concerned branches and units to ensure timely submission of the required information/ supporting documentations and updating KYC/ Customer profile (wherever necessary)
- Analyze and identify possible money laundering activity reported by bank branches, head office, or systems.
- Checking, verification and recommendation for opening of new accounts and tie ups falling under high-risk category.
- Develop and modify compliance & AML procedures for carrying out the requirements of the applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist in AML & Compliance Training programs to all employees on an ongoing basis as to raise awareness and ensure all staff understands their responsibilities/ obligations of AML Policies & Procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Working with other departments and compliance teams to design controls to mitigate the Money.
- Direct reporting to the Compliance Manager.
Qualification Education Requirements:
- Finance or Accounting graduate
- Candidates should have completed their course work from recognized colleges and universities with good grades
- Candidates should be in UAE
- 2-5 years experienced in the areas of AML and Compliance
- Working Knowledge of other functional areas of the Exchange Industry
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written)
- Good presentation and reporting skills
- Team player and innovator
Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e.; Excel and Word)